Autism Spectrum Quotient self test

General non-Pip's related discussions

Autism Spectrum Quotient self test

Postby David R J Brown » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:32 pm

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html

I scored 19, just a shade higher than the control group average. A mate scores himself a 5 and suspects he may be a labrador.

A friend has recently put her Aspergers diagnosed son on a very strict diet. Some users of this diet have apparently reported the elimination of Aspergers traits, and she herself reports significant benefits already.
David R J Brown

Re: Autism Spectrum Quotient self test

Postby meylox » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:59 pm

Hi . i really enjoyed using the forum on the last site. Last time i looked at it it was full of entries that were not related to Philosophical debate/discussion. I was really disappointed. Hoping that doesn't happen on this site! Hoping the forum topics will be issues for debate not general info sharing. There are other places for this. I'm Debating with myself the notion that this response may be rude or un welcomed. Is it?
meylox

Postby David R J Brown » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:32 am

I'm a lumper rather than a splitter by aptitude. I see this as relevant to philosophical inquiry. Physiological conditions can have a bearing on the philosophical positions a person takes, and the style of thinking they prefer. Environmental and cultural conditions can have a bearing on physiological conditions.

As for being rude, if the choice is between the risk of giving offence and airing ones point of view, or remaining politely silent, I generally prefer people to take the risk. But then I am sometimes rude. I'll have to take the rap for that because I didn't get a particularly high Autism Spectrum Quotient.
David R J Brown

Postby meylox » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:15 am

Hello, My ASQ is 9. It would be interesting if everyone that came on to the forum stated their ASQ in order for an observation/comparison of differing ASQ thought styles in action. Hmmm this thoughts makes me think mine should be higher!
meylox

Postby paul.doran » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Hi folks,
I scored 19 on the ASQ, I think it means I'm human.

Yo meylox,
Those entries you mentioned, I looked into that and the website people said they'd sort it.

David R J Brown:
That philosophical thinking/consciousness can transcend our environmental and cultural conditioning is an attractive idea, but I agree and doubt that it's generally possible. And the 'rude' thing: aye, it's very difficult not to be ascribed as rude in this increasingly easily offended society
paul.doran

Return to General